Muswellbrook Healthy & Well is excited to announce the first 10,000 step community challenge for 2020! The challenge is a great opportunity for family, friends and colleagues to join forces and take positive steps towards better health.
Start: Sunday 1st March (register by Friday 28th Feb)
Virtual tour: Port Douglas to Hobart
Team goal: 3,800,000 steps
Duration: approximately 10 weeks
Prizes to be won!
How to get involved:
- Organise a team of five before Friday 28 Feb 2020 (don’t have a team? individual registrations accepted)
- Choose a team name and captain
- Each team member must register as a participant on the 10,000 steps website www.10000steps.org.au to record and track their progress
- Once everyone in your team has registered submit your team to email@example.com (including team name, participant names and email addresses) so your team can be added to the challenge
- Download the 10,000 steps app to record your daily steps
- Like and follow us on Facebook for challenge updates Facebook.com/MuswellbrookHealthyandWell
What you will need:
To track your steps you will need a personal activity tracking device or use of smartphone pedometer app. Each team member is responsible for recording their own steps. Participants can sync their FitBit or Garmin device to the 10,000 steps app or record manually via the app.
For more information contact Carly on 0438 264 610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team with the highest steps: 1 x team personal training session at Metafit Muswellbrook
Individual with the highest steps: 5 x Zumba class pass + a friend at Sacredgroove Belly Dance & Zumba